The fascination of quality...

Request for permission to purchase increased share of non-organic feeds

An organic livestock farmer can use this application form to apply for a derogation to use an increased share of non-organic feeds. The derogation request can relate to both roughage (e.g. hay, grass silage etc.) and by-products from the food industry.


The buying-in of an increased share of non-organic feeds can only be permitted if organic feed is not available and where the harvest has been lost due to the reasons given below (at least one criterion must be met):

• Harvest loss caused by unusual weather (such as exceptional dryness or wetness)
• Harvest loss caused by force majeure (such as flooding, hailstorm, avalanche, landslide)
• Harvest loss caused by pest infestation (such as rodents or grubs)
• Loss of roughage stock due to fire or other Event


The certification body can only rule on fully completed derogation requests. Each application must be accompanied by a confirmation of the exceptional situation by the agricultural site manager or the regional organic consultants. Processing of the request is subject to a fee in accordance with the schedule of charges. Please send the confirmation by e-mail to or by post to bio.inspecta AG, Secretariat Agriculture, Ackerstrasse 117, 5070 Frick.


The permission may be subject to certain conditions.


Online form



Our website uses Cookies – to provide you with the best possible user experience. When you go on surfing on our website, you agree with our data protection regulations.